Tuesday, October 26, 2010

merry unbirthday

So here is costume suggestion number 2! This one was one of my favorite and most thrifty costumes! Last year it was all about the characters from Alice in Wonderland so I put a spin on my favorite character from the film the MAD HATTER muahahaha! so here is what the turn out looks like.

So how did I achieve this look? It was quite easy. The big puffy skirt was one I already owned but they are easily found at Forever 21 or any other store in that family for a reasonable price. The blazer was my friend's but they are easily found at thrift stores. (Get creative and find a wacky color or print.) The hat was purchased at Piedmont's in the Haight it was about $15 although I would look in a thrift store for a cooky hat seeing how I sold mine to Buffalo Exchange. The bow tie is from Party City for a few bucks and the jewels were found at an art shop. My socks, which you will see in another photo, were purchased for $5 at target and I still wear them all the time! I used some maryjane high heels in my closet.

The the makeup was a lot of fun to do! For the eyes I used just about every green eye shadow I had and blended them together. Since I was supposed to look "mad" neatness wasn't an issue. I darkened my brows and did my usual face routine but pounded on the bronzer (it is Halloween after all) I then took my trusty gel liner and applier and drew lines goin down my face (remember you're crazy so don't worry about it being straight or perfect) once that was done I added my sticker jewels to the bottom of each eye and I was all set. For the lips I once again used Rococo by M.A.C and I was good to go.

As for hair, You can pretty much do what you'd like I chose to go for loose curls to not draw any attention away from my hat, which I added a little card that says 3/4 on it.

And there you have it folks a creative costume that you can be sure no one else will have!




No comments:

Post a Comment