Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trend Alert

Although fall/winter aren't my favorite seasons weather wise, they are my favorite seasons fashion wise! NY fashion week has started and a little birdie working there said fur is back! Vests, coats the works! I also wanted to let you guys in on some pieces, which I already own, that I predict will be the trend this season.

So, as always boots are coming back into play and the must haves are the lace up booties and boots. I got a pair of open toe booties at Zara's and they are amazing and uber comfortable. My cousin opted for a pair that were a bit taller and more rugged looking.

Pleated, higher waisted pants! The ones I have in my closet are a little more like harlequin pants with the top bein a bit more baggy and the bottom a snugger fit, I bought mine at Zara's for about $50. Black, army green, brown or denim are the colors I'd go for. (Note: be sure you try on the pants before you buy because higher waisted pants can be a bit unflattering so you have to finde the pair that hit your body type at the right place. This took me some time because I do have a bigger bust and I had to find something that made me look slim and sexy.) These right here can be found at lulus.com here's the link http://www.lulus.com/products/silk-equestrian-black-pants/27539.html.

Cropped blouses are going to be one of my staples this season. It was easy to wear the more casual cropped shirts with cut off shorts and mini skirts in the summer, but since it's getting chilly you can pair that top with boyfriend jeans and booties skinnies and booties or even that mini with some great opaque or printed tights. (This one again is from lulus, as you can tell I am a big fan of the website) http://www.lulus.com/products/snack-time-stripe-top-by-brandy-melville/27797.html

Thigh high socks and printed tights are a great way to accessorize and stay warm. This trend can b worn with shorts, mini skirts and dresses and also adds a feminine touch to looks that would involve something rougher like combat or flat boots. (These here are from my favorite European site Asos.com http://www.asos.com/Women/Socks-Hosiery/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=7657 )

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment