Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nail polish is my thing!

In high school I was all about having my nails painted and getting my weekly manicure/pedicure. After graduation and landing my first job I learned that I needed to cut back on some of the pampering and just stick with getting my bi-weekly pedis. Well my boring finger nails have had enough neglect and with the gorgeous weather San Francisco's been having I have been inspired to spruce up my appearance with dazzling nails. I looked at all the trendy lifestyle magazines and websites for how to's on relaxing home manicures and went to wallgreens and stocked up on some amazing colors. Now believe me when I say that I am a fan of the best brands when it comes to beauty (I normally shop at sephora and nordis) but I have found cheap nail polish that lasts all week! Wet n wild (only 99 cents!) has so many amazing colors I am wearing eggplant frost (the color doesnt sound too appealing but it is a deep purple and I have gotten so many compliments on it) I apply a couple of coats, dry them for five minutes and apply the same brand's clear nail protector polish and it looks as good as my salon pedicured toes! Honestly, nail polish is the perfect splash of color for the little black dress, pool party or to doll up jeans and a tee. I find this to  be a grat way to find some "me" time and cater to your hands because you are using those bad girls all day. Now for the mess ups one can use a q-tip but if you're willing to spend a little money than I suggest that every girl get the nail protector pen by essie http://www.essieshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=548 (I believe it's no more than 20 dollars) it works magic by perfecting your nails! What other brands do you gals use and what colors are hot for end of summer I'm thinking I end the summer with a lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment